Friday, August 21, 2009

Under the weather

Last week I came down with a nasty cold that lasted into this week. Sadly, I used up the rest of the DayQuil that I smuggled in on the first day of my cold. This hot pink cough syrup is what I've been taking since then.

And so I've turned to tea for it's soothing powers. While I typically make a special trip to Libertad to buy Twinings tea, they were out of vanilla so I got a variety box of inti zen (made in Argentina).

Flavors include:
  • Silencio Andino: Green tea, chamomile & orange peel
  • Chaman Chai
  • Patagonia Bee: Vanilla, honey & cacao
  • Inca Rose: Earl Grey with rose petals
  • Don Juan: Dulce de leche & berries
  • Tea for Tango: Jasmine Mate
  • Amazonia 12: Tropical Fruits
  • English Breakfast
Maybe I'm a sucker for packaging but these colorful packets and interesting flavor combinations are good for lifting your spirit. Most of these make a good cup of tea, though Patagonia Bee is really really honey-y and the mate tastes like mate (it's not that I'm trying to be un-Argentine, I just don't like it!). The variety box is definitely worth a try and could be a nice 'with love from Argentina' gift. You can find inti zen in just about any supermarket and at La Fazenda.

3 comments:

Color Me Green said...

feel better dear. those teas all do sound great!

Marie said...

Hope you feel better soon. And I shall have to try and get some of those teas when I visit in January. I love love love tea!

Katie said...

I saw that the teas you had mentioned were talked about on Asado Argentina too! I looked for them in the store here, but I came up empty. I'd like to try the Earl Grey with rose petals.