Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Veil Ponderings

Ok, don't get mad at me but I can't show you the dress yet. I don't want to jinx it. You see, it's at my parents' house in the States. I ordered it off of eBay thinking that I could wear it for a State-side reception but since dress shopping here isn't going so well I'm going to use it for the official wedding. I'm happier this way too because it's perfect for the courthouse and the spring weather.

So why am I worried about jinxing it? Well, it's 1950's vintage and I haven't seen it in person to judge the condition myself - plus what if it doesn't match me? I really do like touching and trying clothes before committing but I couldn't beat the price and the vintage mystique.

I have to pick a veil before having it all sent down so this is where I need your help. I loooove birdcage veils but I know that they can be tricky and I'm not sure that one would fit with my chiffon party dress (tea length). To give you an idea, this dress is quite similar to mine - same material - but mine has a different top and probably won't poof as much.

Here's another of similar style/material:

Posh Girl Vintage

Posh Girl was a little above my price range (which is in pesos) but they're having a summer sale (15% off everything) if you're interested. Really beautiful dresses - many between $500-600.

I've decided on a blusher veil for the length. (YES! 1 decision down, 3 million to go.) I would really love to have a flower in my hair but don't want to overdo it.

Twigs & Honey

For birdcage, I like Something Bold's The Marilyn (thanks Liz!)...

Something Bold

And I like how Sweet Home Alabama ends in the back (my hair will be similar)...

Brendas Bridal Veils on Etsy

But there's just something so lovely about tulle...

Also Brenda's Bridal Veils

Maybe it's because of images like these that I'm drooling over classic tulle...

I imagine that a flower would be too much with tulle...thoughts?

1 comment:

Katie said...

First of all, can I just say that I LOVE those dresses?! Too adorable and perfect for spring.

As far as the veils, I like the Sweet Home Alabama. I think the flower in the back is a pretty touch without going overboard.

They're all so pretty. You can't go wrong!