Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday Badness


I ate way too much this weekend. So much, in fact, that I couldn't stomach any movie snacks by the time we went to see Harry Potter on Sunday evening. But, I'm happy to report that it was all delicious. My darling fiance baked me a chocolate cake, from scratch!

Filled with chocolate Bon o Bon. Mmmmm...thanks love!


Room 302
3 de Febrero 893

Saturday night, we went out on a date to Room 302, the only Thai restaurant in town. It was atmospheric and trendy and the service was great. (No pics due to the dating nature of the occasion). It also turned out to be a good spot for cocktails - I had a Viet Kon - Ruby Red Absolut, a lemon grass infusion, pink grapefruit, soda and cilantro. Refreshing and interesting. For an appetizer, we had fried gnocchi in a white wine Thai-inspired sauce, which was so delicious that we soaked up the extra sauce with bread. I had the tofu curry - I'm no curry expert and I know that there are a million different kinds but this one was more peppery than spicy and lacked the sweetness of most curry dishes that I've tried. Still, it had an assortment of fresh veggies and some beans thrown in. It was yummy and I'll go back again. Definitely a unique spot in this city.

Sr. Ming
La Fluvial

I've only been to the airport in Japan but I still think that I can claim that this is the best sushi restaurant in town. And it's a Ninja Bar, which sounds very cool. It's got great views of the river and a Japanese garden out back. They don't have any veggie sushi options on the menu but they'll make it up with anything you want (I neeeed avocado in my sushi).


The tempura looks funky and is delish.

There are several entree options in addition to the large sushi menu. We ordered rice and Judi got this yummy chicken noodley dish (which is probably easy to make without chicken too).


And that Sr. Ming is really quite cheeky.

This week I will only be eating salads and oatmeal (and the rest of the ice cream).

3 comments:

Color Me Green said...

yay to lots of yummy food for the birthday girl!

Katie said...

Do you rent Guille out for events? I ask because my birthday is in October, and Daniel can't make a cake to save his life. lol

It looks like you really celebrated in style. ¡Feliz cumple!

meag said...

Hmmm...Guille for rent. Not a bad way to make a few extra bucks ;)