Sunday, July 5, 2009

I don't support global warming, but I like being warm

Clearly, I'm not the only one confused by backwards seasons. The weather was amazing for a day that, to me, was the equivalent of December 5. And yesterday was lovely also...we decided to celebrate the 4th of July with veggie dogs and corn on the cob a la parilla. Yay freedom!

Cut the top (silks) off of the corn and peel off the first layer of leaves. Lightly coat with veg oil and grill for about 25 minutes - rotating every 5 minutes.

Can you believe that it's winter?!

This little guy didn't mind.

As it was such a nice day today, we tried a restaurant with a lot of outdoor space...

called Espacio Once (Parque Urquiza)...

and it actually had iced coffee on the menu (something I NEVER see here)...

the coffee came hot but with a little bucket of ice...so...okay, I'll take that. And the huge salad was great...sorry, I ate it too fast to photograph. We also had a wok sandwich (seriously, veggies a la wok) on arabic bread. The city/river views made for an excellent lunch.


They also had a good looking drink menu, which I will be sure to try some time. ;)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I made corn-on-the-cob for the 4th too, but I didn't grill it. I'll have to try that.

The photo of the gazania with the butterfly is gorgeous!

Sara E. Cotner said...

Hmm...grilled corn. Yum!

Anonymous said...

surppp !! I am dying to have a grilled corn!! Memory foam pillows