I only had one white eggplant on hand so I adapted this recipe and baked in a small casserole dish with only two layers of eggplant. It made about 5 servings.
- 1 eggplant, 1/2 inch slices (no need to salt a white eggplant, if using a darker one - sprinkle each slice generously and let set for 30-45 minutes, depending on size, rinse and pat dry)
- 1 egg, beaten and mixed with 1/2 t. dried oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper
- 1-2 c. bread crumbs
- 2 c. tomato sauce (I used Guille's famous sauce that we kept frozen)
- Mozzarella and parmesan cheeses
- Fresh basil to taste, shredded
The leftovers make for a very yummy sandwich!