Friday, November 6, 2009

Scenes from an Argentine Wedding

I went to my first Argentine wedding last weekend. This wedding started off pretty normal...

But after...
dinner, a performance by some dancer from Bailando por un Sueno (Argentine Dancing with the Stars), a belly dancer, a slideshow of the happy couple and their childhoods, tango serenades from the brother of the bride, a singer (the highlight was the Spanish version of Unbreak My Heart), a slideshow of the civil marriage, a random video montage, and three rounds of dancing, we looked like this...




Luckily, at around 5:30 am, they brought out pizza and sandwiches...we were getting hungry again! We left shortly thereafter. Of course, we needed all of Sunday to recover.

And I leave you with this little dance...

10 comments:

tangocherie said...

Love it, what fun!!

PaganAngel said...

Awesome recap! Most Americans are probably a little lost, but having been to an Argentine 50th, this seems all that it should be!

meag said...

Yep, I think it was all that it should be. It was really fun to experience but I'm afraid that the bride and groom are going to just as confused by my 'quiet dinner wedding'!

Color Me Green said...

oh wow. wedding till 5:30am?? meag are you sure you don't want to have one of those ;-)

Katie said...

I'm going to Daniel's cousin's wedding in February - my first Argentine wedding! I hope it's as much fun as this one. :)

iroha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iroha said...

Hello, Meag. This is the first time I visit your blog and I loved it! It's evident that you're trying to enjoy local life "a full" -as they like to say here-, and it reminds me a lot my first days in Rosario. I got married with my husband (argentine) 4 years ago and our wedding was just like that... By the way, I'm from Japan.

Stefania said...

Hola Meag,
This is funny really... but I think that my Mom that still lives in Rosario knows your fiance. I was reading about the invitations in your blog and saw the last name "Trilnick" and it ringed a bell. My Mom is visiting here (CT) and I asked her... she thinks Guillermo is Raul Trilnick's sobrino. My Mom's name is Liliana Del Teglia. I thought I should ask! If it happens to be Raul's sobrino, Liliana and myself say Hi and congratulations on the enagagement and upcoming wedding.

Cate S said...

Ha ha, looks like a lot of fun!

meag said...

Iroha - so nice to 'meet' you! I'm glad to know that there are other expats in Rosario with similar experiences. We'll have to grab un cafe some time!

Stefania - what a small world :) I'll pass on your well wishes!